Old 09-20-20, 09:27 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4528 Post(s)
Liked 6,427 Times in 3,700 Posts
Originally Posted by sheddle
This is by far the weirdest part. They're a shop which specializes in used bikes, and one I go to frequently for parts.

One of the employees even commented on the Jubilee derailleur when I rolled the bike in- in other words it's exactly the type of shop I *wouldn't* expect to make a mistake like that with a butted steel tube, which is probably why I'm giving them so much benefit of doubt.
Maybe so but they are failing miserably all the way around at this point.

Like I said, if they're so damn sure, they should have stopped the presses right there and called it out, especially since you were in the shop, totally their bad either way IMO.

They know this is ugly, did you pay with a CC, you may have recourse through that, homeowners, renters insurance may help, I'd check if the shop won't step up.

You could also use their strategy, compile all the business you have done with them in the last 1-2 years and ask them why they think you would make this up or what?

Last resort, BBB, yelp, social media campaign, might be others, bring a chorus together and maybe get their attention.

Unfortunately this sad reality drives home my prime tenant, no bike shop is competent enough or cares enough about my bikes to work on them.