View Single Post
Old 09-22-20, 02:45 AM
Amt0571

Bikes: Canyon Grand Canyon AL SL 8.0, Triban RC520 Gravel Ltd, Btwin Ultra 520 AF GF, Triban Road 7, Benotto 850

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked 215 Times in 137 Posts
Originally Posted by oleg232000
Ok joking, but the question is, how often do you wear a helmet? So going from I wear one literally every time I ever put feet on a pedal, to I dont even know what a helmet is and I never owned one, to somewhere in between. And before this becomes a crucifixion, of course I know and agree that helmets are super important and safety should be the first concern for all riders.

And lastly, what is the current helmet you ride with on your road bike? Or the best helmet you ever had if you currently dont use it?
I ALWAYS wear one. I've fallen on my head and broke the helmet once. It probably saved my life and for sure avoided major injuries. I was not going that fast, and I was able to ride the remaining 20km home, albeit with pain in my neck which lasted for months.

I know of a cyclist who died because he fell while STATIONARY and hit his head on the sidewalk. It's probably extremely bad luck, but a helmet is cheap.