Old 09-22-20, 05:30 PM
Kimmo

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1530 Post(s)
Liked 718 Times in 510 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
As for tubular....meh. I have fought that battle. Trying to explain the experience of riding a sublime tubular on a super light and stiff bike to today's crowd of disc brakes and tubeless is wasting your breath. It's like all those mtb guys from the 90's finally re-invaded road cycling and are trying to completely kill it this time.
The truth will out, sooner or later.

As for tubular on road I have glued up a ton of Donnelly LGG tubulars. They are a tubeless constructed tubular so that even though they function as a tubular when you do get a flat you can throw tubeless sealant in them and usually prolong their life by a long time.
This isn't something that works with standard tubulars? I haven't used them, until recently, since the 90s, and I'm dreading my first flat, but was hopeful I could just squirt a bit of sealant in when it happens. It occurred to me the sealant mightn't work unless it was already in the tyre though... And I wonder if the latex tubes play well with it...