Old 09-23-20, 10:36 AM
oleg232000

Bikes: Litepseed Catalyst Neutral Support Bike, La Pierre Spicy Team, Mercier Kilo TT, Cannondale Multisport2000, Goffa BMX, Haro Dave Mirra Freestyle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
Get one of these....best stud finder ever. Also, gets some 1x8 boards that will run across multiple studs and it wont matter where your studs are for the hooks. You can installed them anywhere on the board. I ran 12ft lengths in my garage to hang the Steady racks and it made it super simple to line them up and space them as I needed.

https://www.amazon.com/CH-Hanson-030.../dp/B000IKK0OI
So probably off topic, but i had this discussion with my brother in law who said just use a powerful magnet to find the studs. I said, well studs are made of wood, so whats the magnet gonna do? He said the stud should have metal nails going through it for your drywall. To which I replied, but there are a bunch of things that could be made of metal. To which he replied yeah, but in my experience its better than your regular "stud" finder. And i agree to the extent that regular stud finders do not work perfectly, but the link you posted says it has a depth of one inch. I dont believe thats going to work in many scenarios....but i might try it for 7$