canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,801 Posts
Originally Posted by am0n
Have you tried the Przewalski 4D? I have the Sponeed shorts. Start to get sore by around 20 miles, but that may be due to the pad not staying where it should.
Originally Posted by str8jakett
I'm curious about sizing too since you have both Przewalski and the Black Bibs. I wear medium BB, but Przewalski size chart says small.
Yup, I have shorts and bibs with both the original "3D" and later "4D" Dupont CoolMax pads. Both are what I think is called progressive density foam, very different from the pads used by my Black Bibs and Pearl Izumi shorts and bibs.

The 3D has variable thickness but it's very subtle. The 4D has the more contemporary sculpted look of very different thicknesses. Both are good. I prefer the 3D by a small margin, but it's getting harder or impossible to find. I think Przewalski has switched to a different pad. I'd still take a chance on them because the price is so reasonable.

Regarding fit, when I got my first Przewalski shorts in 2018 I weighed about 160-165 lbs. I got medium and they fit fine.

I'm down to 150 now and the small fit me better -- more compression on my skinny legs. Slight compression seems to reduce my lifelong problems with muscle spasms -- quads, hamstrings, etc. While compression isn't a magic bullet for everyone it sure works for me. I use compression socks too, each designed for left and right feet and not supposed to be interchangeable. Sure reduces my problems with arch spasms when hammering, especially when I stand to climb or sprint.

I'm 5'11", 33" inseam, 30" waist now (maybe a little smaller), with disproportionately long thighs. So shorts/bibs that reach just above the knee on most folks reaches only mid-thigh for me. That's the only, umm... shortcoming of the Przewalski, Black Bibs and most shorts. But Black Bibs and a couple other makers offer long-leg versions, so I'm going to try another set of Black Bibs with the longer leg.