View Single Post
Old 09-24-20, 04:59 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,451 Times in 1,558 Posts
When I begin digging in my parts boxes in the garage I keep a mud bucket handy and toss in anything I think I might use, whether on the project bike or a different one. Today I found a rear axle kickstand and thought, "I can use this." My Cresta GT needs some help standing up in the shop area and the gap ahead of the chainstay bridge is a little tight for a center mount stand.

The actual object of the exercise was to find the 27.2 post to be used with the new 27.2-30.9 shim on the found Giant townie bike. I did find the aforementioned 400mm Ritchey post but also came across a 25.4 Tamer suspension post and a 25.4-30.9 shim so tried that on the bike and it is long enough to work in making the 18" frame fit 25" frame me. I can still use the Ritchey if I decide to do so. That's a Kalloy 27.2 with the black shim I bought yesterday but that post is too short for me.

And here's the Giant ready to go with post and shim, strap-on NiteRider lights, rear rack and trimmed original kickstand so the bike won't tip over.

So, we have the Kalloy 27.2, a Giant 26.8 and a Trans X 25.0, all from my repping days, so from last century. C&V enough?