bargo68 
Dedicated Detritus Dodger

Bikes: Some mighty fine ones at that!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 608 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. 66
Very impressive build, I'm doing a similar build that also pulled the stem and bars from a Gitane TdF. I was able to find Normandy High flange of the day and rebuilt and strung them on some black Araya rims. Since the pictures I've been able to find some Mafac levers with crusty hoods. Currently on 32mm Continental tires. I've also included the Mafac tool pouch, horrible tools but freaky great for setting the brake calipers.

Thanks for the compliment and back at ya. I'm still pretty wet behind the ears when it comes to wrenching, but the process is so fun and the results are so satisfying!
I got pretty lucky that everything went together as well as it did. My only real misstep thus far has been purchasing a Simplex rear derailleur that has a hanger and of course all the little quibbles of working on French bikes.
I'm waiting on a set of Kool Stop Mafac replacement pads and a handlebar mounted bottle cage. The shake down rides have gone well and I will be trying it out as a daily commuter soon.
Love to see pix when yours is done!