Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
The CeramicSpeed shaft-drive drivetrain could be a game-changer, but I will believe it when I see it. It could be pure vaporware.
Vaporware. It can not withstand the lateral forces needed to actually drive the bike let alone shift. That's why it keeps being touted as a concept piece. It was simply a way for a company that makes bearings to grab the attention of the cycling world for a little bit.

Shaft drive has been attempted so many times in the history of bicycles and it has always failed for all sorts of reasons.

The "problem" with bicycles is that every concept has been tried and tested in the last 150ish years. There is pretty much nothing new. Only refinements of existing tech.

The improvements and changes for the sake of change have added up so greatly in the last 5-8 years that there is no option left for anyone who simply wants to upgrade. It just makes more sense for them to buy a whole new bike. As such the upgrade area of the industry has greatly suffered.

in fact I would venture the guess that we will only see more and more integration of systems in proprietary ways - pushing independent guys into failure or footnotes. You can have your Trecializiant in any color...as long as it's black.

Likes For Psimet2001: