View Single Post
Old 02-14-06, 09:30 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by MajikMan
I'd fitted the seat in that picture, but not the bars - they're about 1.5-2.5 inches higher now. I'm not certain that the bike's a perfect fit (at ~5'7-8" w/ a 30 inch inseam I think I'd be better off with a 52), but it's comfortable enough for me to have no major complaints about fit (the cheap CODA saddle that's on it is another story...).

Good eye though
Actually, given a 30" inseam, a 50cm seat tube is about right. But, looking at the seat height and based on your overall height, I'd agree that something bigger is probably required. What's really important is to get the top tube length correct and pair it with a stem that's not too long or too short. It looks like the seat has been pushed back about 2-3cm, presumibly because of a short top tube/stem combination. Based on what I'm seeing, I 'd probably put on you on something in the 53-54 cm range. However, proper bicycle fitting is not something that you can do properly by correspondence. It's worthwhile to pay a knowledge LBS or coach to measure you and set things up properly.