View Single Post
Old 10-08-20, 10:27 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
In keeping with my yen for odd-ball and significant carbon frames, from BF members.
Frameset, bars, post from MiloFrance , from France (The Mektronic is in a box).
Wheels from Chrome Molly
Shifters from Shrevvy
RD, FD from speedevil
Jersey from malcala622
Seat bag from Spaghetti Legs
Crankset from a BF member, but my PM's are cleaned out, so I can't remember.
Cassette from someone on BF, came in pieces and I cobbled it together.

Look KG-196 (1996)
Monoblade design by Ergo Concepts. Weighs as much as 2 Domane's.
CycleLab frame with integrated headset and funkadelic stem, fork is Vibtene.
2/3 x 10 Chorus Carbon Ergos mounted on Easton EC90 bars, Cinelli wrap.
Chorus 11 carbon compact crankset, UT Campy cups. Look Classic pedals.
Prologo Zero Nack saddle on Look 24.0 post, Jagwire cables/housing.
Veloce calipers, FD, RD. Campy Bullet wheels with Panaracer Catalyst Sport 23's.
Topeak bag. Bontrager cage. Hefty at 22+ lbs. My guess is great descender...ha.

Bottle cages match up well. Found the tires in my stash. Huge difference in appearance.

Happened to have the tape on hand. I'll have to touch up that stem face plate scratch.

Panaracer tires. Mounting the rear caliper is a challenge. It's difficult to access once a wheel is on the bike, so adjustment is a back/forth. RD hanger is very unique, strong, and I sure hope I never break it.

The rear "triangle probably weighs as much as my Cipollini frame. Stiff? You betcha.

Thanks to MiloFrance. Euro shipping issues prevented him from sending the Mavic wheels. No biggie. This thing begged the Bullets, and since weight is not an issue, the heavier Bullets are fine. They have great hubs, and I can use them on Shimano with Fulcrum freehub swap.

Back when frames had backbones.

Yes, it's as heavy as it looks. Dainty, it ain'ty.

I'll take the zip tie off someday, but I like it there for now. I also plan on a 12-30 cassette, so the chain is "uncut." The cable liner is a complete "run" for both the FD and RD, and the TT brake cable routing is complete internally. Easy peasy.

Lots of little things on the frame. The fork is supposed to be shock absorbing. No idea, and I'm not taking that assembly apart for any reason.

Ready to roll. One of those "looks fast" models that will result in raised eyebrows when someone picks it up and gets a hernia.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 10-09-20 at 11:44 AM.
Likes For RobbieTunes: