Old 10-09-20, 08:46 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11065 Post(s)
Liked 7,629 Times in 4,253 Posts
Anyone using WTB tires with the new SG2 protection?

A big complaint that I see across pretty much any comments section for WTB tires is that they are super weak and cut easily. Its a bunch of gushing words about the speed/grip/feel, and then a complaint that the tires are delicate.

Ive had my WTB Resolute tires for a little over a year and they are fully worn out. I loved them to start, hated them after one had continued deflation issues for a few weeks, then loved em for months of gravel and singletrack riding, and now I cant even mount one of them tubeless anymore as it wont seat to save my life so its running with a tube.
This is 5x more than I ever want to think about my tires, and yet I am considering buying them again because I really like the feel, traction, and size.

So anyone have the SG2 versions of WTB tires that recently came out? Do they seem any stronger? Do they seem worse feeling?
Vanity time- the SG2 only comes in black sidewall. Lame. WTB is basically synonymous with tan sidewall gravel tires at this point.