Old 10-09-20, 09:26 AM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,183 Times in 1,185 Posts
Originally Posted by Lattz
I thing they were brazed or actually as Cinell = Columbus they folded everything to shape. Odd that as these are really holy grails it seems impossible to find a picture of a full restoration where the paint had been stripped. Everybody tries to keep the original paint obviously and those who dont also dont share it. Anyway theres no such thing as "enough Cinelli Laser" on a TT thread...
Lattz,
I was doing a search but could not find the images...but there was a guy that bought 2 frames that were on display and he commented that the cracks looked like they were occurring where the "filler" was applied so not sure about the statement.
I will continue my search because I am interested in finding them, I also thought there was a post on this forum about the frames....perhapa they were carbon frames?
Best, Ben
Found this on the net: http://www.velociao.com/?portfolio=cinelli-laser ....thick layer of spray filler on the frame, they only worked on the tubes and not the foils, but said they were made of metal...I suspect the filler was used there too. There were a number of "replicas" that were made using the metal for foils and then a light skim coat to smooth to perfection.
In any event, just some info not meant to detract from the make

Last edited by xiaoman1; 10-09-20 at 10:35 AM.
Likes For xiaoman1: