View Single Post
Old 10-15-20, 05:39 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 656 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,044 Times in 1,880 Posts
Originally Posted by psychodad
I posted in an old thread this morning a picture of the bike. This is a scan of an early 80s Takara brochure that came with the bike. The original dealer sticker on the seat tube was from Fay’s Bicycle Shop in Tulsa. The brochure came from Independence Bicycle Shop which would have been 85 miles away. I don’t know if this was a stock transfer or if it was purchased at Fay’s and traded in in Independence and resold in ‘82. It would have been cooler had the owners manual been with it but the brochure is cool too.

Show us your Takara!
Takara used primarily SunTour derailleurs during this era and heavily revamped the lineup for 1982, discontinuing some models, introducing some new ones and significantly revising several others. I had hoped it might use one these derailleurs, allowing us to differentiate between a 1981 and 1982 model, but it appears to use SunTour Seven, which were available both years. The back of the derailleurs should have a two letter code which may allow us to increase our confidence, one way or the other, regarding the model year.