View Single Post
Old 10-19-20, 12:55 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by Lemond1985
I did note that Sequoia Park seems to be open. Hwy 190 though, has caravans of state and federal vehicles going up every day, and had a CHP guy blocking anyone who isn't a bureaucrat or resident from going through. Apparently its a patchwork of closures that no one who hasn't been up there in the last week could ever figure out. Typical. Maybe once it rains all these people will leave, that's my sincere hope.

In any event, I have a nice 59.5 cm Italian EL OS frame for you if you can swing by and pick it up. I will never ride something that big, and don't want to go through the hassle of selling it. You may never build it up, but at least if you have it, there's some chance of that happening.

was thinking about coming up to ride the 198 from three rivers into sequoia np to start of construction just past wolverton and back tomorrow but temps will be a little
more to my liking next tuesday so committing to doing it on the 27th. nearish castle fire is 72% contained and creek fire to the north is 61% contained-both as of today.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappvi...705fcce7c3312f

been monitoring the aq along the 198 corridor climb area for the last week and, from what i can tell, it's stayed consistently good. not so much to the west, south and north.
thinking another week may improve things even more (if we can stay away from another blaze in the area).

your battaglin offer is beyond generousity cubed and i would be a complete blathering idiot not to take you up on it.