Old 10-21-20, 04:25 AM
uriwvu

Bikes: Old: 1968 Schwinn Stingray, 1974 Raleigh 3 Speed, 1978 Kabuki 10 speed, 1997 GT Ricochet. New: 2021Verve 3 Disc2021 Trek FX1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by prime winner
First off, congratulations on riding over 2400 miles this year. That is awesome. When I googled your Continental Speed Ride tires I was surprised to see that they were tires that I saw recently but dismissed them as cheap tires. Do you remember the speed bump you got when you switched tires?

I have been on two rides on my new Verve 2 so far and I love the comfort and responsiveness of the bike compared to my mtb I was using for road riding. On a 10 mile ride and 15 mile ride I average 1.0 mph faster on the Verve 2 compared to the same rides last week on my mtb. I had my heart rate average 8 and 9 bpm higher on the rides but I think it will calm down after I find my sweet spot in the gears. My mtb has 2x9 and the Verve 2 has 3x8.
Much thanks. At 56, I was looking for a new form of cardio, and with my 8 year old daughters now riding, biking is a great excuse to spend more time with them. The Great Cycle Challenge in the fight against kids cancer also motivated me to get in a ton of miles last month. As for the Continental Speed Rides, don’t simply dismiss them as cheap tires due to their affordable price tag. The Continental Speed Rides are a folding bead tire, that is light, yet well-constructed. They give me a very nice ride and I’ve went from an average of 11 MPH (Bontrager H5) to around 12-12.5 MPH on the CSRs. And, if by chance they don’t work for you, well not a huge loss financially. Good luck.
Likes For uriwvu: