I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,579 Times in 1,066 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_bill
Speaking of contrarians. How many blinky red lights do bike likers recommend, and how high should they be mounted?
High and bright enough with sufficient size/number to be seen from a good distance by a motor vehicle operator in at least the second vehicle that is tailgating the first, when both are fast approaching bicyclist in a traffic lane on a high speed road. A good countermeasure to the added risk to bicyclists riding on high speed (50+mph) presented from dumbass motorists who combine tailgating with last minute maneuvers to pass.
Originally Posted by mr_bill
p.p.s. Sadly, I have to live with the consequences of the expert. Luckily, his followers are small in number and dwindling.
Does a contrarian xpert and/or his small band of followers still have any remaining influence to effect bicycling in your area? I would assume that in the past a coterie of Bicycling Safety and Efficiency ideologues led by self appointed bicycling experts have instigated sad/negative consequences for improving the bicycling environment in your area.