View Single Post
Old 10-22-20, 04:15 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 1,780 Times in 902 Posts
I had the time, and the weather was certainly cooperating, but of the several rides my imagination proposed, none seemed more suitable than a simple ride on the Rawland out to Depot Park and back. So that's what I did.

Trees that were clad in vivid colors a week ago are now bare, their fallen leaves cover the path, the forest floor, and more. This became the salient feature of this ride, and I thought back to a recent ride report from sherbornpeddler as I rode over the leafy way.

A raft of leaves covers the Shawsheen River as it runs under the bikeway bridge, but I reckon there's water under there somewhere, and those without special talents would be ill-advised to try walking on it.

At Depot Park, the Buddliner has its own leafy avenue.

Pleasant ride, but one question lingers: did I really see a young woman riding a road bike, wearing turquoise kit, with a ferret perched on her right shoulder? Might have been a cat... Quite the apparition, and I'm just as happy to think that was a few milliseconds of poorly-organized synaptic activity on my part...

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 10-22-20 at 04:23 PM.