Old 10-23-20, 08:22 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Indoor training - keeping pets safe while riding

I'll start by saying that BF should create an Indoor/Trainer sub-forum ... 2020 has all of us spending more time riding indoors and it'd be nice to have a sub-forum focused on this topic.
UPDATE: I didn't know this forum was under Road Cycling - https://www.bikeforums.net/indoor-st...cycling-forum/

We upgraded trainers this autumn with KICKR v5. I feel that the direct trainers (without wheels), have limited places where a pet could get hurt. I'm interested to hear if anybody else has similar concerns/issues with pet (or small children) while riding a trainer.

In the past we've had wheel-on trainers (Kinetic Road Machine & Cyclops Fluid2), there was a concern about the spinning wheel with the dogs coming and going through space with the trainers. We took some of those hateful yard signs people post on street corners and created a barrier around the wheels and trainers. I can't find a good photo of this hack, here's the best with 2 bikes in the way.

For reference, these are the new Kickers

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 10-23-20 at 11:17 AM. Reason: added update
Likes For Hypno Toad: