Old 10-25-20, 03:25 PM
speedyspaghetti

Bikes: VeloBuild VB-R-022 // '89 Specialized Allez Full Dura-Ace 7400 // Santa Cruz Stigmata CC // Bridgestone MB-3 BoxTwo 1x Conversion // Bridgestone MB-6 // Santa Cruz Highball C // Ibis Spanky

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by pbass
Go faster! Just kidding. I also have some TO on my 700c gravel bike (my 650B one is way better in that regard). Mine's a size 50 so it's pretty inevitable. Probably 70% of my riding is singletrack like you describe. It's just gotten kind of subconscious for me now--I unconsciously adjust tire to pedal relationship as much as one can at least(sometimes it's simply unavoidable). I expect you'll just adjust mentally the more you ride those tight sections. I ride flat pedals with pins and mtb shoes so I can move my feet around but honestly I don't really do that much in this case.
Haha yeah it seems like going faster would solve a lot of issues with cycling! I was thinking that maybe trying to carry more speed into the corner would allow me to coast through the turn but the one specific turn I'm thinking about is pretty steep on both entry and exit so idk if that would work. I might go out there later today to give it a shot though. On downhill I don't think this would be as much of an issue as I can just leave my feet at 12 & 6 a la road descending and avoid the tire all together. Or maybe I just need to focus on taking the turn a little wider to avoid having to turn at such a steep angle?