Not a newbie to cycling

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by cubewheels
You did watch the video didn't you?
So here I am, providing 18 minute video proof that flip flops footwear work really well (even when I'm hammering like Marco Pantani in Giro d'Italia) and you still accuse me of nonsense?

Dragon flip flops are so good, I'll only use shoes if it's very cold out or if I need to walk or run a good distance mid-ride.
Why would I watch a whole 18 minute of some bloke riding a bike on the streets? I watched a few bits here and there. Seriously stupid. Good for you that you didn't get hurt. Should I post hour long videos of people riding a motorcycle in t-shirts, flip-flops, and helmetless, and then claim it somehow proves it is safe?
Or that the rest of the nonsense you spew is true because you managed to video yourself riding a bike for 18 minutes?

And this is the second time you compare yourself to a professional bike rider. The first time - on your old bike - you compared yourself to Cavendish, this time it's Pantani.
Since you're so infatuated with those riders, maybe look at their footwear and you will notice that it's pretty tight. And, no, you still need to look up the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Originally Posted by Germany_chris
I commute all summer in flip flops
Good for you. See my above comment about riding a motorcycle helmetless in a tee-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops.