Old 10-27-20, 08:56 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
So after a hellish day at work yesterday (and not looking to get better) I needed a Valium to get to sleep last night (Humbugs do do drugs as prescribed by their doctors) and while I wasn't really motivated to hop on the trainer (cold rain outside) I did pretty well and Garmin gave me the highest Performance Condition I've ever seen. It started at -6, but rapidly rose and then flowed between +5 and +10.
I'm beginning to think that Performance Condition is ********. On recent trainer rides, it's been telling me +4 to +7 at the outset. Today, after reading your comment, it spit out -8, which made me actually laugh. Post-workout, I decided to look at how my PC has been changing during rides. All of those rides that started in the positive category? Yeah, the PC drooped on all of those and ended up in the negatives. Today? Started at -8 and rose to +11

I assume that the PC is primarily based on a combination of HR and power? Because I was doing some lower cadence (+/- 90) intervals at increasing power (but decreasing duration), and my HR doesn't tend to tick up that much in those situations, and the highest PC was during those more intense intervals.