Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I'm beginning to think that Performance Condition is ********. On recent trainer rides, it's been telling me +4 to +7 at the outset. Today, after reading your comment, it spit out -8, which made me actually laugh. Post-workout, I decided to look at how my PC has been changing during rides. All of those rides that started in the positive category? Yeah, the PC drooped on all of those and ended up in the negatives. Today? Started at -8 and rose to +11

I assume that the PC is primarily based on a combination of HR and power? Because I was doing some lower cadence (+/- 90) intervals at increasing power (but decreasing duration), and my HR doesn't tend to tick up that much in those situations, and the highest PC was during those more intense intervals.
AFAICT PC is a black box, which means highly risky of being bull****. You're right that I think it's a matter of power (or pace for runners) per HR, which would explain why today was "great" for me - Valium keeping HR down makes it look like I'm having a rockstar day, even though there's no way I would have been able to go fast. That along with an open window to 48* air keeping me from boiling inside.

It's also funny that at COTA it'll usually tell me "Recovery Check: GOOD" and then "Performance Condition: -6", probably because it's hot and at the end of the day.

If TSS did a better job of accounting for indoors effort, it'd be about perfect.
Likes For Bah Humbug: