bentrox!
horizontally adapted

Bikes: Specialized Stumpie, Bianchi Pista, Optima Baron

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tightwad
Mate, you are being both opinionated and unfair. I've delt with and rode Worksman for over 30 yrs
both at home and in the factory where I work. Worksman has been in business for over 100yrs which
is more than any bike company can say today. They also build products that are well engineered for
all including handicapped or older folks.How many other builder even compete in that market?
Worksman leaves the weight weenie stuff to the other flyby night builders.

The reason you don't see many Worksman is that those that own them won't part with them. They
also enjoy a very long life due to the robustness of the build. If it's one thing that ticks me off big
time its buying a product that was built to break and then does. Worksman are almost bulletproof.

As to the drive method......you couldn't be more wrong. One drive wheel is what you get in weight
weenie stuff or import junk NOT Worksman. Both wheels are driven on a solid 7/8" axle. How much
the PAV weighs is an educated guess on my part. However, since they are made of mild 16ga steel
tubing they will weight more than "blink and you beak it" weight weenie stuff. The weight that you are
so roundly critcal of is the main reason the PAV rides like a cloud. The same as a Cadillac or Rolls.
I feel the bumps on my PAV as little thumps not teeth jarring thuds.

There is also the fact that Worksman is a small AMERICAN family company of about 50 employees
in the heart of NYC building AMERICAN products one at a time for each customer at fair prices all
can afford. We need to support AMERICAN businesses like Worksman not poke fun at the quality
products they build. Shame on you...........
Tightwad, you sure have a short fuse, my man! Nothing in BPs post was unfair as far as I can determine, but it was intended as an opinion, which is specifically what PEABOB solicited. This is a FORUM and surely you understand that some will have opinions that differ from yours. Your tirade concluded with your own opinion piece, a "buy AMERICAN" plug, and PEABOB responded favorably. How does any of that make PB's opinion less valid? Buy the trike you want - if it's personally important to buy an American-made trike to the exclusion of all other factors, then do so. Just don't wrap yourself up in my flag to slam others opinions, please.

Last edited by bentrox!; 02-14-06 at 10:09 PM.