Old 10-30-20, 09:28 AM
Lanesplitter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Oh yeah, it probably is worth noting that all the campgrounds in Big Sur are closed--even Phifer. All of the day areas are also closed (Phifer's open for day use) And since they're being used for Cal Fire, you can't even go in to rest. This means, from Monterey to San Simeon, no camping, to say nothing of HB spots; however, there's several outstanding stealth spots past Big Phifer.

Point Magu also closed their HB. I dont know why they did. In Phifer, it was because the trees are falling everywhere in the campground. In Leo Castillo, however, ten miles down, I have the whole HB to myself. They are allowing only one group at a time. One cyclist equals one group. What I did was tell them about the other cyclists in front and behind me that I met over the weeks that may be close, because since they had contact with me, they would count as part of my group and be allowed in. One came yesterday, and no others (that I know) came after me, so I consider myself lucky.

On a side note, the homeless problem that plagued the Pacific HBs, is no longer a thing.
Likes For Lanesplitter: