View Single Post
Old 10-30-20, 03:13 PM
habes78023 

Bikes: Constant rotation, Currently: 2009 Felt FC, 1999 Stumpjumper, Serotta KOM, Eisentraut Rainbowtraut, Trek 400 commuter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by robertorolfo
Cool story and an even cooler find. Sounds like you got something pretty special, and there is probably some Serotta nut out there that would die for it (not that you should take advantage of anyone's "condition")

Sounds like a strange mashup of characters from "Into the Wild" and "... the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance."
Haha, I guess we will see. I don't intend to take advantage of anyone's condition .

I just like finding bikes, getting them back on the road, and getting to try out different stuff, which I've been pretty fortunate to have found several awesome bikes (Tommasini Diamante, Panasonic Team America, Bob Jackson 753, Eddy Merckx Corsa, Hans Schneider countless others). I won't pretend like I'm going to be the final owner for this one, I think it's probably a little too special for me... there probably is someone who would have a much stronger connection to it. I would bet there's probably someone with a stash of Dura Ace AX components that could use a frame like this.

He really couldn't have been nicer. I could see him end up getting into vintage bicycles at some point. He was a younger guy like myself.