View Single Post
Old 10-30-20, 06:02 PM
habes78023 

Bikes: Constant rotation, Currently: 2009 Felt FC, 1999 Stumpjumper, Serotta KOM, Eisentraut Rainbowtraut, Trek 400 commuter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by tricky
@habes78023 Nice score! Fellow Seattle-ite here. $260 for a complete bike is a good deal, but something special like this is a no-brainer at that price. All this chatter of aero bikes and the early 80's aero craze (what's old is new again, eh?) makes me think maybe this was a one-off show bike. There are lots of examples of these AX seatposts that use set screws, but nothing in google image search with a seat cluster like this. This is a big assumption, but that would make me think custom instead of production.

The remains of that sticker on the bottom of the seat tube could be a good clue. It looks American flag-esque. Maybe someone here knows if Serotta used a decal like that.

Were there any other marks on the steerer? Pencil, pen, paint pen, tubing logo or otherwise?
Thanks! I think it's worth the price of admission, if nothing else, I'm learning a lot about Serotta now. I will be putting some miles on it around here, once I can get some shifters for it and some gears, 56/20 is not going to get me up any hills where I live, haha.

The sticker at the bottom looks like the american made decal that serotta used, and the decals do seem to match up to an early 80's bike. The one on the seattube is basically gone, but looks like one that had the yellow border around the Serotta name.