Old 11-02-20, 10:07 AM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by siesta_texas
Thanks for the maps. Auto correct said weatherman but I meant to type Westheimer and BW8. I took the sidewalks on South BW8 frontage road but will definitely try the sidewalk route from Wilcrest.

Did the commute twice last week and shooting for more this week. Loved every part of it but would like to get a rack and pannier bags just for comfort. Just need to find panniers that are waterproof and can hold a laptop with easy removal.
lol autocorrect strikes again. Yup, definitely hop off at Wilcrest and go through the neighborhoods to CityWest Blvd all the way to Westheimer. Much safer. Plus the infrastructure improvements are extending all the way down CityWest Blvd - they've got the southbound side torn up and you can see where they are putting in a wide mutli-use path. Can't wait! But it's fairly safe to ride the road on CityWest - I did it everyday. (and will again whenever we're back in the offices after Covid).

I used to have a rack and use a pannier (clothes only, no laptop) but ended up switching to a backpack because my commuter bike was my regular ride bike and i didn't like having a rack on it for normal riding (and aesthetics).