View Single Post
Old 11-08-20, 03:52 PM
interungulate

Bikes: 2015 Womens CAAD10 5 (now a 1-by SRAM system)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks for the tip about Tableau! I don't really do much data vis (clearly), Flourish popped up as a resource somewhere and was useful enough that I didn't look much further.

The answers are definitely more difficult to generate than the questions I'm trying to do a little more of those kinds of data-driven value judgments with the other write-up I'm working on that's more geared toward people who don't necessarily have experience in bikes, but here I tried not to get into that too much since I assume people interested in a granular spreadsheet would have more specific opinions going into it.

I'm also predominantly a roadie, and one of the things I really love about the hybrid market is the amount of diversity. I was kind of trying to mimic with the spreadsheet that user-driven dashboard you were talking about (since Excel has a pretty decent filtering system), but I have nowhere near the kind of data visualisation skillset to present that in a more visually appealing way. I'll definitely have a look at Tableau - I didn't have much luck with Flourish's filtering models, and that would be a great thing to add.