View Single Post
Old 11-08-20, 08:26 PM
pennpaul

Bikes: Diamondback Haanjo Trail, Fuji Team Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 46 Posts
I finished my ride but not how I originally planned. We scrapped the group ride idea back in March or April, and under the guise of a family vacation, my wife and kids drove me to Pittsburgh before the July 4 weekend. I rode to Ohiopyle on Day 1 where they picked me up and we stayed in a nearby hotel. Then on day 2 they dropped me off at Ohiopyle and I met them at the hotel in Cumberland that afternoon. We drove home the next day.

I was living in Arlington, VA at the time and had ridden the C&O from DC to White's Ferry while there. In late July we moved up near Frederick, MD where I rode White's Ferry to Harper's Ferry. As one last hurrah before we moved again, my wife let me have two days to finish the C&O.

I tried to reserve a spot on Amtrak but could not find anything that coincided with the day I needed. I ended up doing a one way rental to Cumberland which was unreasonably high. Anyway, on the first day I rode to Hancock and stayed at the Hancock Motel. The next day my family met me in Harper's Ferry and we drove home.

Some day I will do it right and ride the whole tour as a single trip. Even spread across several different trips, though, I had an amazing time out on the bike--my sit bones, not so much.

Paul

Last edited by pennpaul; 11-08-20 at 08:32 PM.