Old 11-13-20, 05:01 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2331 Post(s)
Liked 5,047 Times in 1,793 Posts
Ochsner, "Swiss" bike I just had to have.

Well I swear this is a disease. Just moved on my lovely Lemond Ventoux to make space and then this morning I found myself on the road heading to see another bike. I mean it is Swiss and I’ve never had a Swiss bike so like I needed to do this, right?

Anyway, long story short, price was cheap bike looked pretty good and well, I need to try out a Swiss bike. So yeah, I bought it.

It’s a Ocshner bike without any kind of model indication. Columbus tubing decal and Cinelli Italian Bottom Bracket Shell. 27.2 size seatpost. Nice work on the lugs with decent thinning for the points. The only sloppy looking work I noticed on the bike was the FD braze on. Has the usual cosmetic paint chips to be expected but the paint still has a high sheen and it a beautiful metallic red. Stamped on the BB as a 55 but I’d call it a 54 cm by the measurements. Decals are under clear coat except for the Swiss decal on the back of the seat tube. My brief research indicates these were contract built in Italy. Oh and Campagnolo dropout front and back. Back measures more like 126mm but I slipped a 130mm wheel in easily. Only one set of bottle cage braze-on, chain hanger, but no pump peg. Drilled for recessed brakes.

Parts on it:

Brakes – Dura Ace BR-7402

Front Derailleur – Dura Ace FD-7410

Rear Derailleur – 600 RD-6400

Levers - 600 BL-6403

Hubs – 600 tricolor, rear is FH-6401 and front is HB-6400

Rims – Campagnolo Omega Strada Hardox with the V-profile. 32 spokes which are butted

Cassette – 7 Speed Hyperglide 13-26

Bottom Bracket- Campagnolo square taper

Headset – Stronglight

Crankset – Sugino 75 170mm with Shimano SG 53/42 rings

Shifters – Rear is not clearly marked other than Shimano 600 with a friction and Index setting. The front is where it gets “interesting”. It’s a Dura Ace lever but clearly says SL-6400 on the inner rings.

Pedals – PD-6402

Handlebars are some kind of Profile Designs and the riser stem is a mess.

Seatpost – Kalloy 27.2

Tires – Bontrager T1 700 x 25 -

Saddle - Flite Titanium

It has a plastic pump peg on the seat tube that I took off for now. Also some kind of ring with a magnet around the one size of the front hub. I took that off too. No signs of rust inside the frame and no dents or other structural issues. I did run my inspection cable camera down the seat tube and no signs of any rifling. So maybe Columbus SL or similar? The wheels sure seem like a matched pair but the rear wheel has all silver nipples while the front alternates silver and black.

I have sent off an email to the company to see if they can share any info on the bike. And now the hunt begins for more info on these. Gonna be storming all weekend supposedly so going over this will give me something to play with.

And now the "pic or it didn't happen" shot. Taken just how I picked it up. Also weighed it at 21 lbs 7 ozs as in the picture.

Quite a few small chips when you get close but from a few feet away all you see is glorious red sparkle!

Last edited by jamesdak; 11-16-20 at 06:41 AM.
Likes For jamesdak: