Old 11-14-20, 10:46 PM
jjhabbs 

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked 1,078 Times in 264 Posts
Originally Posted by majmt
Nice bike. I like this shot - bringing home a cool bike is a great feeling. Hard though, to keep your eyes on the road.

Do you plan to keep the tire savers? I just picked up a “new” bike too with the front tire saver mounted the same way and was told that was backwards. I’m not so sure if that’s right but I never used them BITD. From the photos below, it looks they were both originally mounted that way. It does look like they could wad up into the front brake but I really doubt it. Thoughts?

Hey, I worked in a shop in the 80s and we sold tire savers all the time. Some would want us to mount it on the front "backwards" where the tire saver was actually under the fork crown. They worked either way. It was a nice gimmick that actually worked. However weight weenies and those that dont like the subtle rubbing sounds didnt like them. Dont know how effective they really were. The concept was that they would knock debris off the tire before it had a chance to work itself into the tire to cause a flat. Im probably going to keep these. Not sure if Ill have them on this bicycle.

Thanks JJ