TheLizard

Bikes: 2001 Trek 8000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by CargoDane
[[b]My emphasis]
I don't even understand the bolded part of the quote and why it would have anything to do with drop bars?

Remember the post I responded to? Yeah, that one from you. Warning about drop bars to the extent you were, made it seem like you were saying they were awful and/or dangerous.

Around here, we tour mostly with flat bars etc., not drop bars I.e. the US peopl mostly tour on drop bars), and most bikes you see around do have flat bars - except for vintage and new road bikes, and recently: Gravel bikes, of course. But drop bars have their place. It's a different compromise.
Nah, I just don't like them. And it's hard to find a bike like I want to ride that doesn't have the drop bars. I like gravel bikes because I'm always riding on mixed terrain (asphalt, broken, poorly maintained asphalt, and crushed gravel mostly). Most gravel bikes around here have the drop bars, which I hate.

When I decided I didn't want to ride that bike any more because of the drop bars, I sold it cheap. I'm sure the guy that bought it wouldn't have considered a bike with a flat bar. Cheap worked. I sold it less than 3 hours after I posted it for sale.