CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by TheLizard
I guess I have a weird preference in bikes, at least for commuting and long rides, which is most of my riding. I'm riding a modified MTB now, with, yes, smaller all-terrain tires, modified stem, rack, etc.

What I'd really like to find is a bike with disc brakes, 700c wheels, and a flat bar. I'll find one I like eventually. Might end up buying a new one that I can upgrade components on over time.
Hehe, speaking of "weird" choices:
I prefer my cargo bikes, and especially my Omnium cargo. It's great on gravel despite its small front wheel. I think it's great on loose stuff because the length means it is very stable at speed. And even when the front moves a bit, say, after hitting a bump or stone it takes more to make me fall than it would on a shorter bike.
I currently run a 26" Naches Pass 1.8" tyre at the back, and a 20" Billy Bonkers 2.0" tyre on the front. The front will be swapped out to a DTH when they're available again in the width I want.

For handlebars, I have a 0 degree upsweep and 30 degree backsweep riser/flat bar - originally at 800 mm but now cut down to 705mm.