Thread: Moldy tool roll
View Single Post
Old 11-17-20, 07:09 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Thanks for the responses, guys.

So, I used a combination of the suggestions above to clean it. I did a vinegar scrub and then I hung it to dry on a clothesline outside. But the smell of the vinegar was so potent I was afraid that if I ever became employed again my work-stuff might pick up some of the vinegar smell.

I let it line-dry, took a whiff and decided to hit it with my garden hose on the “jet” setting to get some of the smell off. I left it to line-dry overnight and it’s looking pretty okay this morning. The wax coating might be mostly gone now, though.

I’m hoping that takes care of the mold.
If not, I will go with the bleach on the second try.
Jeeze, I’m cheap lol. Should just replace it. Paid like twenty five bucks for it years ago.
Thanks again for the suggestions, you guys. And for setting my mind at ease about the mold. Because I was afraid it might be toxic or something. Washed and cleaned everything that was in there, including the tools, to try and get off as much of the spores as possible. Also washed the bag. And will not leave it in the dank basement for weeks or months again, that’s for sure.

Last edited by Rage; 11-17-20 at 08:09 AM.