View Single Post
Old 11-19-20, 07:15 AM
Fox Farm

Bikes: Merlin Extra Light, Orbea Orca, Ritchey Outback,Tomac Revolver Mountain Bike, Cannondale Crit 3.0 now used for time trials.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
We sell a lot of Speedplay pedals. Had Frogs sitting on the shelf for 2 years before they were sold to someone specifically looking for Frogs, not a new user. The X pedal had to go away as it made no sense in the line up as things have moved on from that design. Kudos to Wahoo for cleaning up the line and streamlining selection. Makes sense to me as a dealer.

Never heard about the bearing story. Must be the use of the Speedplay name in advertising that they went after. Silly for sure, but the corp lawyers have to justify their price, and the executive branch likely had nothing else to determine during a Monday morning pow-wow.
Yes I get you point. I originally went with Speedplay X in 1999 because I was tired of replacing 2 or more pair of Look cleats a year. Over 5 years of this, I had spent the cost in Look cleats that my X2 cost. So I have two pair of X2 on two bikes and cleats on 4 pair of road shoes. That reason alone kept me from going to the Zero system. I do not suffer from knee problems so full or limited or no float means little to me. But to change to either Zero or Time or whatever will be the cost to one or two pair of pedals and 3 or 4 pair of cleats. Ching!