View Single Post
Old 11-20-20, 05:55 PM
andychrist
Devil's Advocate

Bikes: Fuji Del Rey, Bacchetta Giro 20, RANS Stratus XP XL, RANS Stratus XP XXL, RANS Stratus LE XL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 38 Posts

Encountered a lot of incompatibilities/problems with the RANS frame, had to file and burr away sections of the dropouts to get the rear axle to fit because they were askew (and of course took time to procure all the right tools for the job.) Impossible to adjust the TRP Spyke interior disc brake pistons with the wheels on, as the hub motor blocks access to the 3mm opening. Not to mention USPS sent a couple of my orders astray, still haven’t received the last two battery cable extensions.

Anyway, finally got the two Bafang kits hooked up best as I could late this afternoon and nothing exploded when I turned the power buttons on.

Chose the 500C display for the left/front as that’s how its buttons work, and a P850C for the right/rear as it has a remote switch that’s basically handed-agnostic (mounted its display on the center bar.)

Installed a couple Grin Tech TorqArms_V2 on the front fork and a single V4 in the rear. Would have gone with two TorqArms there as well but unfortunately the RD cabling got in the way, grr. As it was, had to remove the crappy Hebie Fox M Adjustable Kickstand, which probably couldn’t support the weight of an eBike anyway.

Latest style of rear hub motor has the power cable passing out the drive side axle so doesn’t interfere with a trailer hitch.

Still have to figure out programming the controllers through the two different displays, but even without configuration in assist level 1 a twist of the throttle turns the wheels with incredible torque. Darkness fell before I could take Blutus out for a spin (don’t mind riding at night but not when I anticipate having to make adjustments.) Hoping for the first full fledged run tomorrow.

Last edited by andychrist; 11-20-20 at 06:11 PM.