Old 11-23-20, 07:24 PM
Kabuto

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
I recommend going and trying out the bike. My 2020 Domane SL5 fits quite differently than my Sirrus 4.0 despite very similar frames. My Sirrus is a 58. My Domane is a 56. The Domane fits “large” and the seat post range is more limited than on a bike with a conventional post. The Trek site said I needed a 58, but I could barely reach the pedals. I don’t think you will find the answer to your question until you hop on one.

I would expect that the store could put a pair of shoes, etc. on you and sit you on the bike to see how it would work out.

Great bike - love mine! So much I splurged on a carbon wheel set for it Saturday (Bontrager Pro 37).

Also, highly recommend the Ion Flare RT lights. Really integrate well with the Blendr stuff.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. The integrated lights do look great! Will look into that!!

Re sizing, sitting on one before buying is not an option, unfortunately. I live in Japan where the average cyclist rides a bike about two to three sizes smaller than the average western cyclist. That means size 56 bikes are not very common, size 58 bikes are rare, and size 60 and above bikes are rare as hens teeth. The biggest Domane I could find in multiple shops in Yokohama (a city of 4 million people) was size 54. There's a 58 in a box in a Trek warehouse somewhere, but its yet to be assembled. Size 60 and above is not available in Japan except by special order (six months+ wait).

Last edited by Kabuto; 11-23-20 at 07:37 PM.