View Single Post
Old 11-23-20, 10:15 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
That’s why/where things went sideways. If you call them, there’s a message says they’re not gonna answer questions about inventory.
So we had to schlep all the way to another borough just to confirm they had any. We get there and ask about the bike to find out that there are two unassembled in the back.
Great! We’ll take one! But the manager in charge of the toy section says they can’t do it. Won’t sell an unassembled bike. I guess because of liability issues? That’s when I started getting irked.
But whatever. We head over to guest services and inquire there and it’s the same rigmarole. But the manager I requested to speak with there does call around to find out where they might possibly have others. Same stupid deal, tho. He’s sure they won’t sell me one unassembled and because it’s super busy because of the upcoming Black Friday, he doesn’t think they can assemble one right away either.
I’m about to walk off all pi$$ed off when the ball and chain goes, “Can we buy one now and pick it up whenever you guys can assemble it?”
The guy says, “Sure. No problem.”
Why wouldn’t you just say that in the beginning? Lol.
Oh, brother. But all’s well that ends well, right?