Old 11-25-20, 09:30 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,413 Times in 913 Posts
Originally Posted by unworthy1
Found one of the 2 Mavics (645 were in-house after all) but ALSO found this scratched up pair of Shimano PD-6401!
That's right, Shimano sold re-branded Looks, made in France, before they developed their own SPD system!
I took several pix but will just show you this overview including the pair of red ARC cleats I would throw in to the package deal.
Hope to still locate the yellow/black Mavic pair tomorrow, but not a guarantee.
I'll price them to mooooove!
Shimano sold the Delta models under 105, Ultegra, and Dura Ace branding.
Mavic sold them as well, in colors. Campagnolo also rebranded them.
Look sold them from the originals to colors to "carbon" models to composite models that were pretty light.
There was also a Ti-bodied model, (polished), but I'm not sure if it was Look-branded or someone else's name on the pedal.
They were also copied by Wellgo? and I'm sure if the Delta system had sunk in deeper roots, Mao's kids would be selling them on eBay.

I'm sure there are many reasons why Delta didn't simply dominate the market and remain, but I kind of wish Look had evolved them as Delta-compatible, not Keo.
Sometimes, when I look at a pair of shoes, I think "If they'd just made them walkable, they'd have been able to print money with these things."
Likes For RobbieTunes: