View Single Post
Old 11-26-20, 08:50 AM
Awesomeguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Take your bike to the store where you got it, tell them that you are not comfortable on it, and ask if they can help you. Most will not charge you for a "bike fit" (at least I've never had one say there would be a charge). They will charge you for parts, and maybe (but not too often) labor. Most are just glad to have a customer, and helping that customer brings them back in the store.

If you bought the bike used, take it to the Trek store and ask them if they can help you get comfortable on it. Try to go when it is not busy - Tuesday morning or something. Most will still be glad to help you hoping that you will buy some gear, parts, or someday a new bike.

Unless you are investing to be competitive at some level, the notion of paying for a bike fit is rubbish. Most places aren't going to have the motion capture equipment and software or other tools to do a really analytical bike fit, but are just going to have you sit on the bike, check your leg bend and knee position at various positions, and so forth. With all of the information available online, there is no reason why you can't get the thing close enough if not perfect for you.

Emma Pooley never had a "bike fit" and did alright for herself and better than virtually any of us will ever do.
I think you have a great point. I only need minor adjustment. My reach doesn't feel to terrible, I just want to be little more upright. I'll get a more upright stem , and if it is still a problem after a couple tries maybe consider a bike fit.
One thing I was wondering, should I have gone with a medium size bike?
The medium is for people that is 5'5 to 5'8.9 with inseam of 30.3 to 32.7.
The large is for people 5'8.9 to 6'1.2 with inseam of 32.3 -34.6
I am about 6ft with 32.2/.3 inseam. The inseam overlap is little confusing.

Although, I generally don't feel it be too big, especially coming from a much smaller bike.