View Single Post
Old 11-30-20, 01:28 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
I'm not sure what you are trying to communicate, but you have failed at it. My previous car had no issue at all with my phone. This new car makes me go through settings gymnastics almost every drive. Both toyotas.

eta: Toyota is definitely apple centric nowadays, but it appears that my issues are with the version of android I'm using. Which is too bad, because I'm stuck with it unless I try to side-load a different version.
I was asked to troubleshoot a family member's Toyota in dash unit and their Android...was like a 2012 car and a Sammy S8. Which back then were established product very common in the ecosystem. Well, first thing I did was check Toyota's official phone/car compatibility on their site...according to Toyota, of 400 some advertised features only half worked. And that was according to Toyota themselves. And that was a Sammy S8, basically 'Android' to everyone not a phone enthusiast.

Well. Second stop was looking at their pairing app on the Google Play store. EnTune. Best rated most liked review read, and I quote; 'You're better off f----ing taping your phone to your god d-----ed dashboard'.