View Single Post
Old 12-01-20, 06:40 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1648 Post(s)
Liked 843 Times in 549 Posts
Originally Posted by momoman
The listed weight for the Team Pro with steel rails is 810 grams. The B17 with steel rails is 520 grams. I never considered any Brooks saddle in my younger weight weenie days but now I ride for comfort and enjoyment. I put a Brooks on all my C&V bikes and don’t worry about the weight of the bikes.

I’m guessing it’s hard to sell a heavy leather saddle to the younger crowd and even casual riders are aware of how much their bike weighs. The “Team Pro” name may also imply it’s a racing saddle which may also be a turnoff for the more casual riders looking for comfort.
Many of my racing college friends used Brooks Team Pro saddles on the race bikes back in the early 80's. They did not even bother with then, newest and popular saddles of that time like the Turbo or the Concor. It was like having a Brooks Team Pro on your race bike give you that special racing cachet, and was considered as a sign of a real serious racer amongst the crowd.
the Team Pros did fade away from the amature racing scene in our area after the mid 80's though.

Last edited by Chombi1; 12-01-20 at 07:02 PM.
Likes For Chombi1: