Old 12-05-20, 10:04 PM
Ballenxj

Bikes: Diamond Back Apex, Mongoose IBOC Aluminum Road Bike, SR road bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 116 Posts
Originally Posted by Dante41
Wow, it's certainly been a long long while. After about 3 years I'm finally getting back into biking; I stopped because I wrecked an expensive bike in a crash (coupled with a long employment contract taking away my ability to ride)

I dragged my Raleigh Tourist out of the garage, got it tuned up, and took it for a short 2 mile ride. My knees were burning by the end of it but it felt good to be back in the saddle. The Tourist of course just glided down the pavement like the Cadillac it is! I just wish I had gotten the nerve to start biking again earlier.
<----Pic---->
It's funny how much of a parts bin special it is. The hub was made December 1974, the frame was made March 1977, the chain guard is from 1973-1976, and the fenders are from 1978 onward. I have no idea when it was actually made, ha! I know Raleigh was getting a bit ragged at the end for their older-model bikes. Maybe it was from the last year they offered the model, and just threw it together from the parts spares left over from their years of production
Very nice looking fit and finish. Is that by chance a 24 inch frame? It looks a bit taller than the usual large.
Likes For Ballenxj: