View Single Post
Old 12-06-20, 06:02 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4356 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
You could and probably should repair the bike. It should all be fixable and worth fixing. That way you can have a backup bike. You can always change out your sprocket in the rear for something smaller or put a bigger ring at the front.

I would go Rohloff and belt drive for sure though. Co-Motion makes some excellent bikes spec'd with that as does Rodriguez+Erickson and a whole host of other custom builders out there. I would also get a dynamo system if you haven't already and build up a nice super commuter/touring bike and have tons of fun. I love Rohloff and their E-14 system for electric bikes is second to none and their regular system is the same but not a huge fan of grip shifts (luckily there are other options outside of Rohloff). Plus I think if you have ridden a bike for a long period and know you are into it, going the more custom route is really nice and gets you closer to what you want if not exactly what you want.