View Single Post
Old 12-08-20, 08:47 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3200 Post(s)
Liked 1,734 Times in 1,049 Posts
Originally Posted by Toadmeister
Had nice winter weather weather in Iowa this weekend so got outside in the Fat Bike!

finally tried out the cleaned up seat post interface tonight, it was better but still slid down a little over 20 min. Bummer, I don’t think it’s gonna get any better short of me loosing 20lbs. Entirely possible over the winter when I tend to focus on weight loss.

the only time I noticed the post sliding down was when I leaned back and put my full weight on the seat, this really doesn’t happen when I’m riding on the road or trail.
Man, that’s a dog. I really think that clamp design is weird, with the pinch bolt sitting above the clamp zone.

Rather than rationalize living with it— it’s definitely going to slip riding outside— I’d recommend contacting Jamis, or directly through your LBS if possible, and see if they can offer any solution. It may even be a known issue they’re rectifying...who knows.