Old 12-09-20, 09:42 PM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked 554 Times in 312 Posts
Early in my engineering days there was a certain computer company (DEC) who suddenly announced that they would have an 18 months shipping delay for all orders. At the time, they were the top machine for lab instrument control and scientific small computers.

Their users group's international conference even featured some DEC engineers in "adds from the Useless Products Group" that included a cereal in the shape of ones and zeros. One of the DEC engineers in the "ad" played a kid eating the cereal who said "look daddy, I just spelled a naughty word - delivery in 90 days." The "dad" in the commercial said "If you want to grow up to be a DEC salesman you are going to have to learn to eat those words." I think the bike industry is in the same place.

This year has been a pain. I bought a fat bike frame (I hope) from a Chinese on line ho had stellar reviews. Advertised delivery was first of November. Then no forks, just frame and wheels. Got a suspension fork. Then Delivery end of November. Now, who knows. Most fat bike stuff is advertised to ship by February now. I want the frame by the end of December.

I have been close to telling them to give me my money back, which they would probably do and sell the frame and wheels for a lot more than I am paying. Sigh! Leave a bad review saying they don't ship promptly? So what, No one does either. So I stew about it, but I don't regret buying the frame. I just hope it ships soon.

I just want to get the wheels and frame. Everything else was in my parts bin or available on eBay or in case of the fork, direct from the manufacturer. A nice carbon fiber fat bike with carbon wheels on DT Swiss hubs and a good suspension fork for under 3K. If I ever get the missing pieces, what is not to love.