View Single Post
Old 12-10-20, 12:08 AM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,048 Times in 739 Posts
I've gotten ripped off a couple times on Amazon, only one was a ripoff brand that looked like shimano altus shifters, said shimano, but it turned out the part number was not a shimano one on the underside. Didn't realize it till a little while after as it has worked fine on the kid's bike I bought them for.

Others have been amazon warehouse deals where it was a previous return and the person tossed in crap and amazon didn't check to verify the contents matched the box. I like using warehouse deals because many of them are just open box/damaged packaging items that are otherwise perfect for insane prices. Actual park tool truing stand and professional repair stands for cheaper then employee pricing directly from Park and in perfect shape.
I have a 12speed edco monoblock cassette coming tomorrow that was a warehouse deal, if its actually new or only tested fitted and sent back from someone not knowing what they really need then I'll have saved about $120.00 for something that will save a quarter lb vs the chorus I have on there. if its someone's junk, I'll drop it off at Kohls and try again.
Other thing about cruising the amazon website is seeing what sellers offer the item, I find that they often sell the parts cheaper on their own sites plus I save sales tax, but amazon shows me which sites to look at.

Originally Posted by veganbikes
We need to support Billionaire Jeff Bezos, he is basically the new Jesus with less hair. He runs the absolute best bike shop, when a new bike comes out of the box with problems his underpaid employees say "we cannot help you with that" when the customer calls to return the bike they rush to help him, only taking 30 minutes to finally say "ok yeah I guess we will take it back" and all he had to do was fight them (with some help) for at least 25 of those minutes. Plus he only had to call them back again twice to bug them to get the shipping label so he could send it to us to return the bike.
Returns are easy if you have a Kohls nearby, personally I can't stand Kohls for shopping, always way too long a line from way too slow checkout and not enough cashiers. But amazon returns have a separate desk with easy walk up and drop off, no worries.
Likes For Russ Roth: