View Single Post
Old 12-14-20, 12:44 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10488 Post(s)
Liked 12,015 Times in 6,151 Posts
Since the end of Daylight Savings Time, the only way for me to ride most midweek days is to ride indoors. My midweek outdoor rides are generally only 1 - 1 1/2 hours anyway, so I'm not really missing time on the bike. Plus, weather permitting, I do a 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hour ride on Sundays. In fact recently I'm riding more days because I can start anytime.

What I do notice is that if I'm free-riding around in Zwift, I can take a moment to stand up on the pedals, or stop and stretch. It's in the structured workouts that I find myself sitting for the whole time, which then leads to sore butt. It's a good reason to go for hillier routes, to give me an excuse to get out of the saddle.

One thing I've found is that whereas on the road, if I'm spinning along at 95 rpm, and upshift 2-3 cogs I can stand on the pedals and turn a nice, comfy 70 or so rpm, then downshift 2-3 cogs and sit down to spin. For some reason, that doesn't seem to work on the trainer. I need to experiment with it more, but there just doesn't seem to be the same resistance as I expect.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: