View Single Post
Old 12-14-20, 03:47 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1588 Post(s)
Liked 1,227 Times in 621 Posts
Originally Posted by banjaboy
Hey, Hi Badger!!! I actually in Whiterock, just outside Vancouver. I LOVE Ontarion too, the countryside driving out to Niagra, beautiful, reminds me of my old country, England. You have a rural, gentle topography, we have the rugged stuff. The island is beautiful too, no doubt but the ferry really isolates it, swhich is god if you live there. Nice meeting you
And hi in return! Whiterock is lovely; know it well. You are right about the countryside round here; it does have its own appeal. H_ll, I even like Toronto (many don't). But ... I was born on VI (Cowichan Valley), grew up in a home perched over the water; uni in Vancouver first, then spent 20+ years living/more uni/working in Victoria before taking a post out here.

I'm afraid that the south West Coast landscape, climate, and culture is just too ingrained in me; I miss it terribly, despite regular visits and stays. Any luck, be back for good within a few years. Would very much like to do out my time back home. Bonus: cycling on the Island is fantastic.