View Single Post
Old 12-16-20, 12:01 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3195 Post(s)
Liked 1,727 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by caloso
I don't even understand why you'd want to coast on a trainer to begin with. That's the main benefit and the reason that you can get high-quality work done in a time-effective way: you don't have to coast (down a hill, up to a stop sign, whatever).

Maybe I"m not getting it because I've only ever done Zwift on a dumb trainer and 90% of the time I ride Zwift it's to do a structured workout. I'm not sure I'd use Erg mode even if I had the option.
Exactly.

I use a Kickr and do mostly structured workouts, too, but never use ERG either. I’m accustomed to doing structured, stationary rides on Cyclops 300PT bikes since before Zwift and still do at the training studio, so using ERG mode just feels weird. I supposeI ould get used to it, but you know...habits.

I do JRA on Zwift sometimes, and just use the climbs, sprint zones, or other riders to get the hard intervals in.
Likes For chaadster: